Coronavirus resources and support. Learn more
Public Health Agency of Canada: Federal safety guidance in commercial vehicle operationsApril 14, 2020
AUTHORITY: Public Health Agency of Canada
DATE PRODUCED: April 1, 2020
THE QUESTIONS IT ANSWERS:
- What measures should be taken to protect commercial vehicle drivers?
- How should staff clean a vehicle used to transfer a COVID+ or PUI?
- What should I do before, during, and after each trip to protect against the spread of COVID-19?
The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) is the lead federal agency responsible for coordinating efforts to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. Transport Canada has collaborated with PHAC and Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) to develop guidance to protect drivers and employees working in commercial vehicle operations. Building on guidance developed by the Government of Canada and other recognized public health authorities and organizations, this document has been prepared to summarize recommendations made to date to limit the spread of COVID-19 in the context of commercial vehicle operations.
The recommendations and guidance in this document are subject to change, based on the evolution of transmission of COVID-19, as well as risk-assessments and advice from local and national public health officials.
- Guidance was developed specifically for commercial vehicles.
- This resource from the Canadian Federal Government on Commercial vehicles and drivers includes some information specific to Canada’s guidance on cleaning and PPE. We recommend following the CDC’s guidance on PPE and cleaning as opposed to what is written from the Canadian Federal Government.