Coronavirus resources and support. Learn more
WHO: Considerations for quarantine of individuals in the context of containment for coronavirus diseaseApril 4, 2020
AUTHORITY: World Health Organization
DATE PRODUCED: March 19, 2020
TYPE: Guidance / Protocol
THE QUESTIONS IT ANSWERS:
- What is isolation and what are the different types of space and housing used for it?
- What’s the difference between quarantine and isolation?
- When should I use quarantine?
- How do I implement quarantine?
- What do I need to set up an appropriate quarantine space?
- How do I prevent infection?
SHORT DESCRIPTION: The World Health Organization offers guidance to Member States on implementing quarantine measures for individuals in the context of the current COVID-19 outbreak.